[Nagiosplug-devel] replacing common system calls with macros/inlines?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Mar 22 15:09:07 CET 2006

Ton Voon wrote:

> I notice you are proposing an uppercase version. I would prefer a
> prefix of np_.

Like Sean said, np_* functions are things that do quite a bit. Compare
with pthread_* functions and FD_* macros.

> I have a long term plan that "general" functions would move to an
> installed dynamic library which the core C plugins would use. Then  also
> have something like apxs for Apache where a 3rd party could  create a C
> program which could then compile and link to this library.

Why?? Apaches extension system is for creating libraries that fit in a
particular main binary (which is a sort of odd thing to do, but
necessary since apache modules can be compiled in-core so modules added
later require specific linking information). For any normal use you only
need a header-file and the name and location of the library.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se