[Nagiosplug-devel] thoughts on regexp using plugins

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 23 02:23:01 CET 2006

On 23 Mar 2006, at 09:38, sean finney wrote:

> currently we have a couple plugins that make conditional use
> of posix regexp functionality if it is available.  i'm wondering,
> since some systems do not come with regexp functionality, why
> don't we include some version of the GNU regexp library in
> our codebase, and if configure fails to find a native version
> use that instead?  then we could guarantee regexp availability
> on every platform.
>
> what do you think?

I'm fine with this in principle, but I think it should be held until
the "next big release".

My remaining checklist items for 1.4.3 is:
   - knock off some more bugs and patches in the tracker
   - fix tests so that everything passes at http://
tinderbox.altinity.org

check_udp is the only one that fails at the moment. It looks like
there is functionality for check_udp in check_tcp, which I am trying
to understand at the moment.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243