[Nagiosplug-devel] thoughts on regexp using plugins

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu Mar 23 02:49:10 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:22:02AM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
> I'm fine with this in principle, but I think it should be held until
> the "next big release".

makes sense.

for check_ntp.c it'd probably be best to save that for 1.5 as well,
as it's a rather large code-rewrite and even if we get the rest of the
code together it could probably stand to use some testing.  of course
i'll let you know if my opinion on the matter changes :)

we may as well keep check_apt out of the point release as well;  while
i feel fairly confident in the code that's there, i may want to change
cmdline options and imiplementation details in the immediate future.

> check_udp is the only one that fails at the moment. It looks like
> there is functionality for check_udp in check_tcp, which I am trying
> to understand at the moment.

yeah, that's kind of strange.  it looks to me like check_udp could
be fully removed and replaced by a symlink to check_tcp.  really,
we ought to call the plugin check_socket, and symlink check_tcp
to that, since it supports tcp, udp, and unix sockets :)

	sean