[Nagiosplug-devel] thoughts on regexp using plugins

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Mar 23 06:49:02 CET 2006

In message <20060323104834.GA22712 at seanius.net>,
sean finney writes:
>On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:22:02AM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
>> I'm fine with this in principle, but I think it should be held until =20
>> the "next big release".
>
>makes sense. =20
>
>for check_ntp.c it'd probably be best to save that for 1.5 as well,
>as it's a rather large code-rewrite and even if we get the rest of the
>code together it could probably stand to use some testing.  of course
>i'll let you know if my opinion on the matter changes :)

I ended up writing my own check_ntp2 based on check ntp because too
much stuff was missing from it, or was being done incorrectly (IMHO).

Among the additions:

Makes sure that you have enough valid peers
  -C (--candidates)
   Check number of backup servers that are capable of becoming
        peers. Range (min:max), solo number is minimum number.

Find's non-responsive ntp servers that are your peers
  -l (--last) Maximum time (seconds) between packets received from
              polled machines.

Makes sure that your connected to a peer with the proper stratum
  -s (--stratum)
   Set range of valid values (min:max) for sys.peer stratum. Single
        number is maximum strata.

Any chance of getting these options in your code?

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard