[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1480574 ] check_disk is missing -lm on Solaris (rel. 1.4.3)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 2 11:04:15 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1480574, was opened at 2006-05-02 20:03
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1480574&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Compilation
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
The common.h include defines, on Solaris only, a
replacement definition for floorf(), which Solaris (up
to and including version 8) does not have. Thus, on
Solaris only, all plugins including common.h need a
definition of floor() (on Linux that would be necessary
only for those plugins that actually use floorf()),
i.e. they need to link libm.so . The Makefile.in does
not respect that need, and consequently compiling
check_disk on Solaris fails. I would expect all other
plugins that include common.h to have the same problem,
but strangely that appears not to be the case.

For my needs it was sufficient to add MATHLIBS to the
dependency line for check_disk in the
plugins/Makefile.in, and I include a patch that does
exactly that. However, this should probably be resolved
more generally.

Regards,
   Ralph Rößner