[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: check_disk trying to be clever re: mountpoints

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu May 18 22:30:01 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 06:18:59PM -0400, John P. Rouillard wrote:
> Since Sean had a couple of bug reports he has a couple of use cases in
> the opposite direction. I can see it being useful if you have systems
> that mix directory/mount points. E.G. on some systems /tmp is a mount
> point and on other's it sits on the root filesystem. Still valid to
> make sure you have at least 100G free space in either case.

yes, this was the idea.  in the case i could find in the BTS, they
were monitoring /var/log as you describe.  if it is to become non-default
behaviour, it's not the end of the world (i can put command definitions
for both in the default configs to make all debian users happy), but
i'd be against removing it entirely.

	sean