[Nagiosplug-devel] feature request - selecting your network interface

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Sep 29 10:44:16 CEST 2006

garrett honeycutt wrote:
> The ability to select which interface plugins use, specifically
> check_tcp, would be ideal. Machines that have multiple interfaces or
> multiple IP's bound to the same interface, ie: eth0:1, eth0:2, etc could
> take advantage of this.
>
> I have an application that sends data out on different interfaces and
> since I cannot replicate that behavior with the plugins, they fail. Any
> ideas, suggestions, or code would be beneficial.

This would only make sense if you have more than one IP-address
connecting to the same subnet, or if some of your interfaces share the
same routing rules (so that it's completely arbitrary which interface is
used to reach a particular network). All the above cases are situations
where multiple interfaces doesn't really make sense.

If you post your routing rules and interface setup I might be able to
help you sort this out. Either way, it should be fixable without surgery.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se