[Nagiosplug-devel] feature request - selecting yournetwork interface

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Fri Sep 29 17:04:55 CEST 2006

I don't agree. I suggested this feature for check_ping some time ago but it
was dismissed because it was ping-version-dependant. It's even better to
implement it with check_tcp but I don't have the knowledge to modify
check_tcp for that.

The idea is in that in complex & secure setups, your hosts are connected to
different vlans depending on what they do. When you changes the firewall
rules to allow or remove accesses it's allways possible that you make a
mistake and have some service blocked for some hosts.

Using Linux VLAN support I'd like to be able to have one IP per VLAN and
check all interconectivity between vlans and other sites. So for example I
may want to know if hosts in the .7 vlan can connect to the mail server in
the .4 vlan, but since I have an IP in the .4 vlan already it won't go
trough the firewall. So I must specify to sent it from the .7 vlan.

Thomas