[Nagiosplug-devel] Flight 1.4.8, ready for boarding

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Tue Apr 3 00:08:57 CEST 2007

hey guys,

i guess i ought to chime in on the issue, having written the code in the
first place :)

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 09:17 -0400, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> Do you have any idea how we should go about the other problem? We could
> loop on reads until we get the packet type we want, but what about the
> source port? Do you have any idea how we could make sure we get a new
> one when we connect the 2nd time?

it ought to be possible to set up a second udp socket for every host
without too much trouble.  i believe that unless bind() is called the
source port is random, so two sockets should mean two different source
ports implicitly--and udp being what it is the remote server shouldn't
mind sending one packet to one port and on packet to the other.  this
should probably prevent the problems with late/re-transmitted ntp time
packets getting mixed up with the control packets.

	sean