[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu Apr 5 19:12:21 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 09:19 -0700, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> I haven't really tested it but with the current code I expect any packet
> drop will cause the plugin to timeout. That's not really what I call
> retries. So unless you have a suggestion on how to timeout on undeceived
> packets (ex. Storing the time on the linked list (or whatever else) of #5
> and somehow stop listening after some timeout, obviously < than the main
> timeout) that could work, otherwise I'll hold my position on this.

i'm not sure about jitter, but for the offset calculation as long as at
least one packet is recieved things are okay.  it sends 4 requests and
*tries* to read 4 replies, but if plugin_timeout/2 passes first it will
stop and work with what it's recieved.  so if the "best match" only
responds with 2 packets, then the average will be calculated from that.

	sean