[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Apr 5 21:44:16 CEST 2007

On 5 Apr 2007, at 20:13, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> All short-term work for check_ntp is done; lots of bug fixes and
> enhancements
> by various members of the team.

Thanks for all the fixes to check_ntp.

> I'd like to see 1.4.8 out ASAP so we'll have time to discuss,
> implement and
> test the proposed changes for the next release.

OK. I will cut 1.4.8 on Tuesday (as it is a long weekend as of now!).

> While we're at it, I'm still holding off some changes I'd like to
> do with
> check_file_age. Basically I'd like that we agree on if and how
> Nagios-plugins
> Perl script should make use of Nagios::Plugin code. I sent a post
> some time
> ago, but basically I was wondering if we should install it system-
> wide if not
> already present or locally in @libdir@ (my preference). If
> installation is
> local I guess we should slightly change the name to avoid Perl
> complaining if
> it finds two libraries of the same name...

Agreed - I think Nagios::Plugin is ready to be integrated in. I've
been thinking about it, and I know Gavin has too. Let's discuss the
ideas next week to get agreement on the best approach.

I think integration of N::P is probably also worthy of calling the
next release 1.5.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243