[Nagiosplug-devel] [Nagios-users] Problem with nagios-plugins-1.4.7

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Tue Apr 10 21:41:35 CEST 2007

On 10/04/07 11:48 AM, nmrk sharma wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am planing to install Latest nagios Plugins (nagios-plugins-1.4.7).When i given ./configure it is stoping at following location and not going forward.Can any one help me in this regard.
>
> checking for ping... /bin/ping
> checking for ping6... /usr/sbin/ping6
> checking for ICMP ping syntax...

Please reply to the Nagios Plugin Development Mailing List
(nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net). You may need to subscribe first.

How long have you waited? What OS/distribution are you using? It
happened in the past that some OS bugs caused the configure script to
take insanely long time to execute, though I believe it was on some
other checks.

As last resort you may try:

./configure --without-ping-command --without-ping6-command

But be aware that check_ping won't work (Shouldn't be compiled either
but looks like there's a bug).

You may use check_icmp as a replacement but you will have to set proper
permissions for Nagios to be able use it. check_icmp is like check_ping
but does the network stuff itself instead of calling "ping".

The permissions for check_icmp should looks like this: mode 4750, owned
by "root" with group "nagios".

Thomas