[Nagiosplug-devel] Feature Request: Check_cluster2

Mark Eisenblaetter mark.eisenblaetter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:58:45 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

sure,

normaly i use check_cluster2 to monitor duplicates services. 2 are
running ok, 1 are running warning and 0 running critical.

in my new case i have the service (apache) schould be running only on
one maschine at time.

So I test on both maschines if the apache is running. So one service
should be critical and on OK. And i thought check_cluster would handle
that but it not.

So i think it would be easyer to enhance check_cluster2 to test on
special amount of oks as to write an new Plugin.

Mark

On 4/10/07, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca> wrote:
> On 10/04/07 09:46 AM, Mark Eisenblaetter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I dont know if this is the right location, because the plugin is in
> > the contrib section?
> >
> > In my case i need to test if only one check is ok? So its also
> > Critical if 2 are running. But i found no way to test it.
> >
> > Or is this the wrong plugin to handle that problem?
>
> I'm not sure what you're trying there, and not even sure how this plugin
> was intented to be used... Could be of great use for Nagios3 because you
> can get the status codes of other host/services as macros, but how are
> you supposed to use it otherwise?
>

> Can you give more details please?
>
> Thomas

Mark Eisenblätter