[Nagiosplug-devel] Feature Request: Check_cluster2

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Wed Apr 11 11:36:42 CEST 2007

Hi Thomas,

> I'm not sure what you're trying there, and not even sure how this plugin
> was intented to be used... Could be of great use for Nagios3 because you
> can get the status codes of other host/services as macros, but how are
> you supposed to use it otherwise?

status codes of other services are already available in Nagios 2.x They
are called "On Demand Macros" in the docs.

The problem with the OK States is caused by check_cluster2's lack of
range thresholds (like eg check_procs has). Maybe he wants to alert on
split brain scenarios when a service is up on multiple nodes..

Has anyone an idea why check_cluster2 is in contrib? To me it's quite a
useful plugin for every nagios user.

matthias