[Nagiosplug-devel] Integrating Nagios::Plugin into the distribution

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Mon Apr 23 22:40:52 CEST 2007

My personal preference is #2, though we may need to rename it slightly to
avoid Perl complaining (AFAIK Perl complains when you have a lib with the
same name in more than one INC path).

The reason of this preference is that we can properly test all Perl plugins
with the released version so that we'll avoid bug reports due to newer/older
N::P libs and also avoid having to ask which version of N::P users have when
they report bugs. IMO this will save us a lot of time in the long run. It is
also simpler for the user to just "make install" (which should install the
lib locally) and get everything in place and will avoid possible breakages
on distro upgrades (i.e. if Perl libdir change).

Thomas