[Nagiosplug-devel] Integrating Nagios::Plugin intothedistribution

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Apr 24 19:14:17 CEST 2007

In message <804160344192334BB21922E8082EA6C07DA3F3 at seaex01.180solutions.com>,
"Thomas Guyot-Sionnest" writes:
>> [mailto:nagiosplug-devel-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On
>> Behalf Of Patrick Proy
>> As a plugin dev I think using a specific directory for Perl
>> module will
>> create the same problem that I had with the config.pm file :
>> the plugin
>> won't run on all systems without changing the include path in
>> the plugin.
>
>I don't think that's an issue as you'll always be able to install
>Nagios::Plugin system wide. This will only affect plugins installed by the
>Nagios-plugins package and will ensure good QA over what we distribute.

Well maybe. I have had to do installs for some customers where you
can't by policy add files to the normal perl include paths. So having
it be able to look in the nagios plugin tree by default for N::P would
be a requirement at those shops.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard