[Nagiosplug-devel] patches for new features of check_disk

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Thu Feb 15 23:58:48 CET 2007

Hi ton, hi list

> On 10 Feb 2007, at 22:05, Matthias Eble wrote:
>
>> I made a few patches for check_disk that add some functionality we
>> need.
>> They apply cleanly to latest cvs and 1.4.6 if following order is
>> kept: check_disk-clearfix.patch, check_disk-grouping.patch,
>> check_disk-regex.patch.
>
> I've had a think about these patches and I think the functionality is
> great.

nice to hear

> I'd like some test cases for the grouping patch. It should be
> possible to take the two already defined mount points and get it to
> alert below and above a threshold which is for the group rather than
> per filesystem, proving the thresholds work at the group level.

Are you thinking of tests like 0% and 100% and check if the plugin exits
critical/ok or do you think of sth more in depth? I could imagine a test
using actual data as a threshold would be better, but that would require
a percent-calculation-routine - and I'm not sure if there should be that
much logic in the tests.

> I found the patches a bit hard to apply because the email had all of
> them together. Can you send me 3 separate attachments please?

Sorry for that.. no problem. I guess a tar/gz (attached) should be
alright. Please contact me if not.

> It will take some time to work through these because there does seem
> to be quite a lot of changes, but in principle, I think this is a
> good move.

I tried to change as few as possible.
Thank you

matthias

P.S I found two minor errors in the initially sent regex patch. They are
fixed in the attached file.