[Nagiosplug-devel] check_file_age thresholds

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Fri Feb 23 20:26:34 CET 2007

Hey,

I was looking at using check_file_age to monitor file size, but the current
threshold format doesn't give much flexibility... Since there's no threshold
functions in utils.pm should we copy them from Narios::Plugins to utils.pm,
or rather start moving the perl plugins from using utils.pm to using
Nagios::Plugins (and maybe bundling a specific Nagios::Plugins by installing
it in @libexecdir@, although I think this can cause problem with ePN if
Nagios::Plugins is already in @INC);

Also considering that check_file_age is misleading as it can check file size
as well, and also that using the standard threshold format would break
backwards-compatibility, I was thinking about renaming it to check_file if
we make it use standard thresholds formats.

Any though?

Thomas