[Nagiosplug-devel] check_file_age thresholds

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest Thomas at zango.com
Mon Feb 26 17:02:33 CET 2007

What I'm worried about is that AFAIK Perl complains when it finds duplicate
packages in different lib dirs. I especially fear that this could break
ePN...

Maybe a workaround would be to slightly change the name for Nagios::Plugin,
so you can use the system Nagios::Plugin (ex if Mr. Doe writes his own
plugin) and Nagiosplug would use something like:

use lib @libexecdir@;
Use Nagiosplug::Plugin

Since the name is slightly different Perl shouldn't complain. Also there's
no risk of unexpected interactions between the Nagios-plugins and any newer
version of the system Nagios::Plugin (Which IMHO should be avoided at all
costs, this could give ppl a lot of trouble).

> maybe check_file_age could stay as a symlink to check_file.
> --help could
> contain a warning message that check_file_age is deprecated
> and could be
> removed in the future.

I'd go with this option only if it doesn't break backwards-compatibility
(the thresholds will be reversed!). i.e. if basename($0) eq
'check_file_age', do something so that the thresholds gets rewritten
properly.

We must first settle the Nagios::Plugin issue, then if everyone's ok with
that I'll work on the check_file_age replacement.

Thomas