[Nagiosplug-devel] check_file_age thresholds

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Mon Feb 26 12:59:34 CET 2007

>> or rather start moving the perl plugins from using utils.pm to using
>> Nagios::Plugins (and maybe bundling a specific Nagios::Plugins by installing
>> it in @libexecdir@ ..
>
> I think it's time to start migrating the utils.pm plugins to
> Nagios::Plugin.

have there been any thoughts whether Nagios::Plugin will be bundled or
not? I like the libexec approach because we distribute the plugins
independently from a central system since most plugins work out of the
box without requiring any OS package-dependencies.

>> Also considering that check_file_age is misleading as it can check file size
>> as well, and also that using the standard threshold format would break
>> backwards-compatibility, I was thinking about renaming it to check_file if
>> we make it use standard thresholds formats.

maybe check_file_age could stay as a symlink to check_file. --help could
contain a warning message that check_file_age is deprecated and could be
removed in the future.