[Nagiosplug-devel] RFC: Plugins config file (final proposal)

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Tue Jan 30 09:32:35 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:16 -0600, Ethan Galstad wrote:
> The proposed config file solution is a great idea!
>
> I would suggest that command-line arguments/variables always override
> those found in the config file, no matter where they're located in the
> command line.  I would imagine the only reason someone would override
> default values is because they want to override them. :-)

fwiw, i agree with ethan on this.  from the admin/user standpoint i
think that the mostly likely situation when there is overlap between the
cmdline and ini file is when the admin/user is trying to override
something.

does the dev reference currently say what should happen when config
options are duplicated?  if not i think we could make the clarification
a moot point if we simply said that (for options that don't allow
multiple declarations like -e in check_tcp, do we care about that?) the
first option takes precedence, and require that the extra-config is
parsed second.

	sean