[Nagiosplug-devel] Feature suggestion for check_proc

Ingo Pangritz Ingo.Pangritz at SecurIntegration.de
Thu Jul 5 15:44:19 CEST 2007

Dear nagios plugin development team,

we want to use our nagios installation to monitor the available RAM for use within our VMWare Server installations. If the check_proc plugin would allow for a cumulative check on used memory for ALL processes of ONE user, it would offer the requested functionality.

Example situation:

User vmware has two processes:

1. VM1 with RSS of 1500000
2. VM2 with RSS of 1500000

In total user vmware uses RSS of 3000000. If the vmware server has 3,5GB RAM for its internal use, we would like to have a warning at let's say 2,5GB used for VMs and a critical at 3,2GB.

The check command would be something like: check_procs -w 2500000 -c 3000000 --metric=RSS -u vmware -X
Were X is the new option to use cumulative checks instead per process check.

Is this a feature that could be implemented for this plugin? Or is there another plugin to do the same thing?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Ingo Pangritz
______________________________
SecurIntegration GmbH
Ingo Pangritz
Security Consultant
Rösrather Str. 702
51107 Köln
Fon: +49 (221) 71 99 00-64
Fax: +49 (221) 71 99 00-23

http://www.SecurIntegration.de

Amtsgericht Köln HRB 35063
Geschäftsführer: Guido Schneider

SecurIntegration ist SAP Special Expertise Partner GRC