[Nagiosplug-devel] check_mrtgtraf checking CURRENT traffic?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Thu Jul 12 23:00:43 CEST 2007

Hello All,

I'm looking to throw a warning with the check_mrtgtraf when a customer's
port CURRENTLY (i.e. within the last X number of samples) exceeds a
certain value.  Since this is the one value this plugin doesn't seem to be
able to do (only AVERAGE (over the lifetime of the logfile) and MAX (high
water mark) appear to be supported.

Does anyone know how difficult this would be to implement?  Alternatively,
some way to adjust the value from which the average is calculated (i.e.
the average of the last 5 samples) -- which is different from my original
request (which
is alert if ANY of the last 5 samples exceed a threshhold).

Ideas, or pointers to an improved plugin are much appreciated.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"You're a thucking reyer!"

-Richard Bozzello, who believed tongue piercing was painless.