[Nagiosplug-devel] working with inside and outside ranges

Christoph Kroeger Christoph.Kroeger at heimeier.com
Mon Jul 23 15:33:37 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm currently working on a plug-in to check the cpu usage of an NETAPP FS270 and all appliances which are using the same SNMP MIB. I have read the developer guidelines on the pages of http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html and found a paragraph about ranges. I don't understand the part where the usage of the @ is described. My understanding is the following:

*	If I give my program the parameters -w 70 and -c 80, then I will get a warning alert if the cpu usage is between 70 and 80 and a critical alert if the usage is upper 80%.
*	Now my program gets a range for warning like 60:70 and range for critical like 80:90. The zones for an OK state are now between 60 and 70 and 80 and 90. Is the area outside the ranges warning or critical?
*	If the range are lead by an @ the program has to post a warning between 60 and 70 and an critical alert between 80 and 90.

Am I right with my understanding until now?

Thanks for helping,

Christoph Kroeger

__

Christoph Kröger

Fachinformatiker -Systemintegration-

IT-Professional with specialization on system integration

Tel.: 02943 891-371

Fax.: 02943 891-9371