[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1506121 ] check_http Problem with protocol change in redirect

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 2 01:16:49 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1506121, was opened at 2006-06-14 17:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hweiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1506121&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Doing 'http_check -f follow' on an http:// url which
returns an HTTP 302 redirect to an https:// SSL site,
which in turn gives another redirect to an http:// url
results in segmentation fault.

Suppose we have 3 pages:
test1.php:
<?php
header("Location: https://my.test.host/test2.php");
?>

test2.php:
<?php
header("Location: http://my.test.host/test3.php");
?>

test3.php:
<?php
echo("Hello");
?>

Doing 'check_http -H my.test.host -u
"http://my.test.host/test1.php" -f follow' will cause a
segmentation fault. It wouldn't happen if test2.php
returned HTTP 200 code nor if test2.php returned
another https:// link. It always seems to happen in
HTTP -> HTTPS -> HTTP request chains.

The problem occurs on Solaris 9 with gcc-4.1.1 and
Solaris 10 with gcc-4.0.2, both have openssl 0.9.8. I
haven't yet tested any other configurations.