[Nagiosplug-devel] Switching to svn

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Fri Jun 15 09:18:09 CEST 2007

Ton Voon schrieb:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On 14 Jun 2007, at 22:18, Matthias Eble wrote:
>
>> don't know if you or some other dev already recognized that the $Id
>> $ and
>> $Revision$ Keywords are not substituted in the svn repository.
>
> Where are you seeing this? It looks okay to me. A checkout of svn
> code followed by a look at plugins/check_tcp.c shows $Date$ and $Id$
> are expanded out in the comment section at the top.

okay.. I was a bit too fast. I had this problem with a svn server in my
company, so I looked at the sf.net viewcvs page where keywords are
substituted for cvs, but not for svn.
Unfortunately I didn't test this with the checked out copy of the
np-repository. It works with a real svn checkout.

I guess the properties have been added by cvs2svn automatically. For
every source file, there is a properties file containing the keywords in
the .svn directory. Maybe activation has to be considered when adding
new files.

> However, the version number when you run check_tcp --version only
> shows Subversion's four digit number, 1729. Currently it says:
>
> $ ./check_tcp --version
> check_tcp (nagios-plugins 1.4.9) 1729
>
> Would it make sense to append a v to the beginning of 1729?
I'd say that would make sense. I could also imagine this order:
check_tcp v1729 (nagios-plugins 1.4.9)

Matthias