[Nagiosplug-devel] rrdlabel change

John Vincent nagiosplug-devel at lusis.org
Thu Jun 28 20:26:09 CEST 2007

I realized after the fact that Performance.pm was part of nagiosplug
not nagiosgraph. I'm actually using Opsview (Great job, Ton) so I
wasn't aware initially of where it came from.

One of the problems nagiosgraph has is that it appends _warn and _crit
to values from perfdata. While Performance.pm does a good job in being
aware of the ds name limitation of 19 characters, this still causes
problems with truncated values becoming longer than 19 with the append
of _warn/_crit.

Here's where I posted my change to Performance.pm. I'm going to be
moving it into insert.pl as soon as I get my local svn repo setup at
home.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4384299

My question to this actually revolves around how tightly coupled
nagiosplug and perfdata feels to the graphing community. Obviously
this is a limitation of nagiosgraph and not nagiosplug (for instance
perfparse doesn't suffer from this problem because it doesn't use
rrdtool). What are the thoughts on the hand-off between perfdata and
those who use it?