[Nagiosplug-devel] Opinion on multifunction plugins

John Vincent nagiosplug-devel at lusis.org
Thu Jun 28 23:44:00 CEST 2007

Does anyone have an opinion on multifunctional plugins?

e.g. I have a mysql plugin that I've written that gets different
information based on the options passed. -Q gets query_cache hit
ratio, -q gets queries per sec, -p gets innodb page cache usage and so
on.

It's a idea I picked up from the various plugins that Patrick Proy
writes. His snmp load and mem scripts take different options for
different plugins. Yeah they're hard to read sometimes but it gets the
job done and it I happen to like it.

Opinions? The reason I asked is that looking at Nagios::Plugin, it
appears to be designed with a single check in mind. I don't have any
real data to back that up but that was a first glance thought.