[Nagiosplug-devel] Enhancement Patch for check_icmp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 8 11:07:43 CET 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, at 09:15, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> On 07/03/07 01:59 PM, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
>>
>> Indeed this is an interesting feature. I'll rework it a bit and
>> commit it
>> into CVS shortly.
>>
>> What I will change:
>>
>> 1. minHostsOk will be set to NULL initially
>> 2. minHostsOk data type does not match with strtoul()
>> 3. Return WARNING if at least minHostsOk hosts are in OK or
>> WARNING state.
>> 4. Will possibly add sanity checking
>> 5. Add a testcase
>
> This is in CVS.
>
> #1: I use -1 for unset as I expect some users may want to use 0.
> #2 was me reading too fast the patch, non-issue :)
> #5: There is no test folder there (Ton?)

I haven't put in any tests for the root plugins. We should do, but
I'm not sure how we can cater for those. I'm guessing we need a test
variable that says if sudo is allowed, so we can execute the compiled
plugins as root. Then a build server can decide if they want to allow
root testing or not. Leave it with me - I'll see if I can get some
basic testing in there by end tomorrow.

Thanks Marlo and good work Thomas.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com