[Nagiosplug-devel] Enhancement Patch for check_icmp

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Sun Mar 11 03:30:41 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

On 8 Mar 2007, at 10:07, Ton Voon wrote:

> I haven't put in any tests for the root plugins. We should do, but
> I'm not sure how we can cater for those. I'm guessing we need a test
> variable that says if sudo is allowed, so we can execute the compiled
> plugins as root. Then a build server can decide if they want to allow
> root testing or not. Leave it with me - I'll see if I can get some
> basic testing in there by end tomorrow.

A test case for check_icmp has been added now. This requires sudo to
be setup to allow the user to run the test executable as root. I
couldn't see a way of limiting the execution of commands to just
check_icmp in sudo (without a fixed path, which is not possible for
the tinderbox build servers), so it is an exposure if you allow this
to be run.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243