[Nagiosplug-devel] Error when executing check_ifoperstatus plugin

Santhosh Injineri injinerisanthosh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:15:39 CET 2007

Hi Ghosh,

If i run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SNMP' command its giving output as

CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /.cpan/Metadata
Database was generated on Thu, 25 May 2006 05:27:28 GMT
Net::SNMP is up to date.

But i dint install using that command ..i.e using perl -MCPAN -e 'install
Net::SNMP' as i was getting some errors...

So I took the net-snmp tar ball and exec cuted the following commands

1. perl Makefile.PL
2. make Makefile
3. make test
4. make install

i dint get any error while doing so ...

I think problem is with command line options that i am specifying for
check_ifoprestatus plugin... I am executing command

./check_ifoperstatus -k 22 -H localhost -C secret

I dont know what value should be specified for -k (SNMP IfIndex value)
....What value should be provided for that -k option and from will i get
that ???

Thanks Ghosh,

--Regards
Santhosh