[Nagiosplug-devel] Error when executing check_ifoperstatus plugin

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Sat Mar 17 04:26:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Santhosh Injineri wrote:

> Hi Ghosh,
>
> If i run perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SNMP' command its giving output as
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /.cpan/Metadata
> Database was generated on Thu, 25 May 2006 05:27:28 GMT
> Net::SNMP is up to date.
>
> But i dint install using that command ..i.e using perl -MCPAN -e 'install
> Net::SNMP' as i was getting some errors...
>
> So I took the net-snmp tar ball and exec cuted the following commands
>
> 1. perl Makefile.PL
> 2. make Makefile
> 3. make test
> 4. make install
>
> i dint get any error while doing so ...
>
> I think problem is with command line options that i am specifying for
> check_ifoprestatus plugin... I am executing command
>
> ./check_ifoperstatus -k 22 -H localhost -C secret
>
> I dont know what value should be specified for -k (SNMP IfIndex value)
> ....What value should be provided for that -k option and from will i get
> that ???
>
> Thanks Ghosh,
>
> --Regards
> Santhosh

You can install it which ever way it works.

If you have more than one perl installation n the system, make sure that
the one the plugin is using has the Net::SNMP module installed.

-k the ifIndex is the interger assigned by the agent to a particular
interface.

Best way to find it is by running snmpwalk -v1 -c secret localhost iftable

--
-sg