[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http.t / tinderbox inclusion

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Mar 20 14:37:49 CET 2007

Matthias,

On 20 Mar 2007, at 12:41, Matthias Eble wrote:

> I'm currently working to get as many testcases as possible to work
> on my
> local Ubuntu box to get it included in the tinderbox service. The only
> problem remaining is the fact that check_http.t wants direct
> connection
> to the internet for some tests and I can't get direct access to the
> system(s).
>
> What do you think about a skipping these cases (like in the diff-
> output
> below) if no direct connection is available?

Yes, good idea. I had a similar thought a few months back, but never
got round to it.

I've updated a FAQ about it: http://nagiosplugins.org/index.php?
option=com_easyfaq&task=view&id=7&Itemid=29&mosmsg=Changes+to+item+saved

I think this is a good one to "reverse" the skip logic, based on the
fact that if parameters do not currently exist, then an empty string
is returned by getTestParameter. This is so existing tinderbox runs
are not affected.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243