[Nagiosplug-devel] Integrating Nagios::Plugin into the distribution

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Tue May 8 15:21:35 CEST 2007

>> And is it possible, that a module doesn't interpret the PREFIX flag
>> "polluting" /usr/lib/perl5?
>
> It is possible, but unlikely, as the perl module author would get
> flamed :)
ok :)

>> Are there any dependencies caused by N::P up to now?
>
> It has some requirements to other perl modules (Params::Validate off
> top of head), but those would be bundled too.

Today, I set up N::P for testing purposes. And to me it was really
annoying to resolve the dependencies (so my question was outdated a bit
) by hand since I cannot configure cpan to access the internet due to
security policy.

Without bundling I need to get either all the packages for every OS I'm
running (if they even exist) or have to do the triathlon (perl
Makefile.pl,make,make install) in addition to usual plugin compiling.
So if you ask me, bundling is a must and to allow not bundled versions
would be perfect.

matthias