[Nagiosplug-devel] Problem with HTTP redirect, check_http v1759 (nagios-plugins 1.4.10)

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Oct 2 16:54:09 CEST 2007

On 2 Oct 2007, at 15:44, Holger Weiss wrote:

> * Holger Weiss <holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE> [2007-10-01 19:44]:
>> * Rodrigo Andés Godoy Schichaschwili <rgodoysch at gmail.com>
>> [2007-10-01 11:20]:
>>> The "check_http" included in nagios-plugins 1.4.10 fails on
>>> redirect for web
>>> servers that verify the virtual host, because it uses the
>>> server_adress
>>> instead of the host_name when follows redirect links.
>>
>> D'oh!  Yes, I introduced this problem by fixing the case that only
>> "-I"
>> but not "-H" is used.  You'll run into the problem if you use both
>> "-H"
>> and "-I" against a virtual host which redirects to a relative URL.
>
> Should be fixed in SVN now.  This was really a stupid error of mine,
> sorry about that.

Is this something that warrants a new release?

Could we include a test for this in check_http.t? One thing I've been
thinking about is creating a mini web server (using perl's
HTTP::Simple) where we could setup various scenarios to prove
check_http is working correctly.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243