[Nagiosplug-devel] Libtap included in distribution

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Aug 21 17:27:01 CEST 2008

On 6 Aug 2008, at 03:50, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> I just tested it on a server without tap... The problem seems to be a
> simple dependency - you need to build tap before the actual tests...
> Although I doubt the way you did it will use GL libraries...
>
> The problem with tap is that although it's using gnulib it's missing
> some modules to work on some servers. I was thinking of including it
> directly with nagiosplug's build system, i.e. in tap/.

I am doing what you suggest: tap is in external/tap-1.01.

You can tell ./configure to run ./configure in this directory.
However, I can't hook this generally because it would also install tap
on a system, when we only want it for testing purposes.

Anyway, I think it works correctly now. If I take a locally created
distribution on a host without libtap, and run ./configure --enable-
libtap, it will run the tests correctly.

Let me know if I've missed anything. In a few days, I'll switch the
tinderbox builds to include --enable-libtap so that we get more
coverage from the tap tests.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243