[Nagiosplug-devel] Libtap included in distribution

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Aug 22 07:47:42 CEST 2008

On 22 Aug 2008, at 02:12, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> I sure we could make it work that way... we aren't installing
> libnagiosplug.a neither.

Good point. But we set libnagiosplug.a to be not installed, whereas
tap-1.01 does expect to be installed.

> Don't use tap Makefiles, just tap code.

Don't understand this. You still need the makefiles to compile

> The code could be in /libtap and build after gl, so we could use gl
> for
> missing libraries (which is the problem I wanted to solve in the first
> place).

And I don't get the gl issues either. I've made a new tarball of tap
with the fixes for asprintf so it has its own copy of gl in that
tarball.

I plan on putting a link to this tap file on the official tap site so
people can download our version with the fixes.

> You checked with/without extra-opts, right? When you moved the place
> for
> the TAP check in configure.in you also broke the optional extra-opts
> checks as they are defined before. What bite you is that by NOT
> forcing
> tap on a non-tap system, it would still try to build the extra-opts
> tests, and with TAP enabled, it wasn't building them anymore since it
> was overwriting the EXTRA_CHECKS (or something like that) variable
> with
> the base ones!

(hands up). I see what you mean here. I noticed this last night when
Tinderbox failed for your Solaris server. Hooray for Tinderbox!

Fixed now.

> I'll see... I might just do it myself too, as I want something else
> now.
> To rewrite one of check_ntp_peer's functions I wrote a TAP check, and
> I'd like to have tap tests on the plugins/ section as well (linking
> against the .o files - I guess this should work).

At the moment, I've left the tap tests in lib/t. You can still link
them to objects in plugins/ if you want. Probably easier from a
Makefile point of view to have all the tap tests in the same area.

As an aside, the current "internet" tests are just not clever enough
because you need to fool around with the variables to setup different
test cases. I've started playing with the concept of starting up a
HTTP::Simple server with URLs where I expect certain data and then
running check_http against it. I'm already seeing issues with
check_http (size of a returned page includes the headers - should
this?).

> It would be nice to move all libs to /lib too, there's a few remaining
> ones in /plugins.

Agreed.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com