[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-2392536 ] perfdata output for check_ifoperstatus

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 5 13:23:34 CET 2008

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=2392536&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Perf data
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello everyone,
hello Christoph Kron,

I had a quick look at the archives on gmame, but haven't found any request similar to mine.
Please find a patch file attached to this email - it is ready to be implemented or discarded.

About the Patch:

- version: 1.4.13
- name: check_ifoperstatus.pl
- commandline: not changed/affected
- tested on OS: Ubuntu Server 8.04
- tested on architecture: i486 / Intel Core2Duo
- tested with compiler: perl interpreter v5.8.8
- my changes obviously are not platfrom depended ;-)

The changes consist in:

- 6 additional lines to retrieve InOctets and OutOctets of the specified interface
- 1 changed line to add perfdata-output

The benefits:

- one single plugin to feed perfdata back to Nagios
- useful in combination with tools like n2rrd

The drawbacks:

- 2 additional OIDs being queried
- may slow down huge installations which make heavy use of this plugin (though I doubt that to be a real problem)

Kind regards

Günther