[Nagiosplug-devel] [Mediawiki-l] Checking MediaWiki Health with Nagios?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Feb 28 20:46:00 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 23:17 -0600, Gabriel Millerd wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2008 10:27 PM, Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile)
> <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com> >
> > Does anyone have a MW addon or Nagios Check (maybe utilizes the SOAP XML

Gabriel et al.:

> > API) that queries the application-level health of MediaWiki.

I've finally found time to write a small nagios plugin.  Here's an
example screen shot.  It just consumes api.php using SimpleXML's PHP5
bindings.

http://people.collaborativefusion.com/~seklecki/images/cf_mediaWiki_NagHC_ex0.png

I'll clean it up and post it to nagiosexchange.org just as soon as I
have a moment to clean up the code.  I may need some advice on getting
SimpleXML's simplexml_load_file() in combination with PHP's URI black
magic to work with Mediawiki api.php authentication cookies.

The underlying library may or may not support cookies
(curl/wget/openssl).

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>