[Nagiosplug-devel] check_procs changes for regexp argu matching and pst3 for solaris

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Feb 29 13:13:56 CET 2008

On 29 Feb 2008, at 11:46, Matthias Eble wrote:

> hmm I cannot to see/understand this at the moment.
> Is there a plugin using a flag to define regex usage?
>
> check_http actually uses optarg of -r/-R.
>     {"regex", required_argument, 0, 'r'},
>     {"ereg", required_argument, 0, 'r'},
>     {"eregi", required_argument, 0, 'R'},
>       strncpy (regexp, optarg, MAX_RE_SIZE - 1);
>       regexp[MAX_RE_SIZE - 1] = 0;
>       errcode = regcomp (&preg, regexp, cflags);
>
> same for check_snmp. I'd say implementing a flag like the above would
> bring us back some implification magic. Which of the possible options
> are affected by --ereg? --ereg-argument-array is a clear description
> what is actually done. So I'd prefer the old behavior for now.

Sorry, you are right. check_snmp and check_http use the option to
specify the string, whereas Tom's proposal is to provide a flag. My
mistake for not looking more closely at that.

In which case, I agree with you that the current behaviour is better.
I'll close the tracket.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243