[Nagiosplug-devel] nagios-plugins 1.4.11 compile problems on Solaris 10 (+workarounds)

Alexander Leidinger Alexander.Leidinger at ext.publications.europa.eu
Tue Jan 8 11:51:34 CET 2008

Hi,

I compiled nagios plugins 1.4.11 on Solaris 10 with the Sun Studio
compiler/tools. I encountered the following problems.

Error 1:
--snip--
floor                               check_apt.o
--snip--

My workaround:
--snip--
vi plugins/Makefile
search LIBS = ...
add -lm in the end
--snip--

Error 2:
The same for plugins-root/Makefile (floor in check_dhcp.o)

Note: configure checks for floor and tells it finds it in libm. MATHLIBS
in the Makefile contains libm, but it seems it is not used for
check_apt.

Warning you should maybe have a loot at:
---snip---
Manifying blib/man3/Test::Tutorial.3
../tools/build_perl_modules line 77.
---snip---