[Nagiosplug-devel] nagios-plugins 1.4.11 compile problems on Solaris 10 (+workarounds)

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Tue Jan 8 13:57:44 CET 2008

Alexander Leidinger schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled nagios plugins 1.4.11 on Solaris 10 with the Sun Studio
> compiler/tools. I encountered the following problems.
>
> Error 1:
> --snip--
> symbol                             in file
> floor                               check_apt.o
> --snip--
>
> My workaround:
> --snip--
> vi plugins/Makefile
> search LIBS = ...
> add -lm in the end
> --snip--
>

> Error 2:
> The same for plugins-root/Makefile (floor in check_dhcp.o)
>
> Note: configure checks for floor and tells it finds it in libm. MATHLIBS
> in the Makefile contains libm, but it seems it is not used for
> check_apt.

Hi Alexander,
this is a known issue that needs to be discussed/solved.. since with the
current behaviour all programs that use common.h should need to link
against the math libs (although gcc works) which is not the case at the
moment.

This problem is described in item #1864550 in the patches reacker..
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1864550&group_id=29880&atid=397599

Matthias