[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns broken in CVS

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Jan 8 17:06:30 CET 2008

On 8 Jan 2008, at 14:13, Matthias Eble wrote:

>> I just spotted this too. I was going to apply a patch to change the
>> default DNS entries (was apple.com, but will switch to nagios.com
>> instead) in the test script. Is this okay to do?
>
> I guess that was the cause why I commited despite failing tests.
> Apple reverse lookups changed from request to request - so yes
> changing this would be good IMO.

Done.

> I guess we'll need at least one dns entry that returns multiple
> addresses - which doesn't seem to be the case for nagios.org.

I was thinking that maybe we should test by having a text file which
has the contents of an nslookup on a host with lots of addresses, then
somehow get the plugin to read that as the output of "nslookup -sil".
This way we don't actually have to have a DNS entry somewhere that is
in a particular-fashion-but-may-be-changed-in-the-future.

Then again, I was thinking that check_dns should use the C resolver
routines in the future, in which case this nslookup bit won't work...

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US: +1 866 879 9184