[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns broken in CVS

Matthias Eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Tue Jan 8 15:13:00 CET 2008

Ton Voon schrieb:
> On 8 Jan 2008, at 12:53, Matthias Eble wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> thank you.. jup there is/was a problem with the patch I applied. I
>> have
>> overseen the reverse functionality and somehow interpreted the
>> testcase
>> output as non-critical.. I'll commit a fix tonight.
>>
>> This shows again, how important software testing is.
>
> Good work guys.

hmm thanks. but.. just want to remind you that the commit is broken.
so.. good work thomas  :)

> I just spotted this too. I was going to apply a patch to change the
> default DNS entries (was apple.com, but will switch to nagios.com
> instead) in the test script. Is this okay to do?

I guess that was the cause why I commited despite failing tests.
Apple reverse lookups changed from request to request - so yes
changing this would be good IMO.

I guess we'll need at least one dns entry that returns multiple
addresses - which doesn't seem to be the case for nagios.org.

Matthias