[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios::Plugin with debugging function?

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Jan 9 21:33:05 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

On 9 Jan 2008, at 17:59, Michael Lübben wrote:

> in last time, i have script a many plugins in perl. In all my
> plugins, i
> have add a debugging. This debbuging can be enable in the script. When
> nagios start this plugin for a check, then the plugin write debug
> information to file. This make fixing from bugs or problems a many
> easier!
> Was that a function for the Nagios::plugin modul? In the moment i
> don't use
> the Nagios::Plugin modul, but for the next plugins i have planed
> that and
> than was a debugging important for me!
> Was that a function for the Nagios::plugin modul?

You can use -v -v -v and then set debug messages within the plugin so
that you get more data, but that is sent to stdout, not to a file.

If you doing anything within the perl script, you probably should use
the perl debugger - here's a quick guide I found on the net: http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Perl/Using-The-Perl-Debugger/

It is one of the best parts of perl...

Ton

http://www.altinity.com