[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2023584 ] check_ldap should work with all LDAP protocol

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 21 15:43:56 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2023584, was opened at 2008-07-21 15:43
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2023584&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Argument proccessing
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've submitted a Debian Bug Report in order to avoid problems with the LDAP protocol.

You can see it at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=491233

So the maintainer tells me that if the default protocol is changed in the check_ldap script, existing installations will be break.

My idea is to made the check_ldap able to work both v2 and v3 protocol of LDAP. We should have the version protocol used (v2, v3 or v2/v3) printed in result of check_ldap.

I don't know how to do it. Is it possible for the team to implement this ? I think there is a lot of advantages to made the script as I explain here (see Debian bug report please).

Thanks,