[Nagiosplug-devel] Please can I have GIT access

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:47:20 CEST 2009

Alain Williams wrote:
> I does not have a configuration file.
>
> Yes: it does have a state file -- to record cpu hogging processes at the
> time that it runs, so it can check if the same ones are running X minutes later.
>
> I cannot see how else to do it - the information needs to be stored somewhere.
> No one suggested anything else.

I also don't know any other good way to keep the information, either
than a state file.

> It could do something like checking for environemnt NAGIOS_STATE_DIR
> and storing there -- overriding it's built in one. But that means a change
> to nagios.
>
>> personally I'm wondering if it's not perhaps better to have a separate
>> check to specifically watch for cpu hogging, instead of putting that
>> into check_procs.
>
> It will also do detection of a process having more than the specified amount of
>
> * virtual memory size
> * resident set memory size
> * percentage CPU
> * time elapsed in seconds
>
> This is all stuff monitored by check_procs already. All that I have done is
> to allow detection of processes that exceed such a limit for more than a
> certain time -- ie ignore short lived events.
>
> You guys are hard to work with!

this doesn't break compatibility with previous versions right?
I'm not a core member with access, I'm commenting from a contributor
perspective. if this doesn't break compatibility, make your plea to the
core members, lets see what they have to say.
it's highly unlikely to get git commit access without being a regular
contributor for a while I think.
the other thing is that the mantis bug/feature list is possibly
considered a formal place for open bugs/features pending
testing/approval, in my experience the list is know to lag in
testing/committing bugs/features.