[Nagiosplug-devel] Best practice for thresholding

John Vincent nagiosplug-devel at lusis.org
Mon Jun 22 19:22:58 CEST 2009

So I've been attempting to use check_memcached and in the process was
cleaning up some invalid perfdata output. I also noticed that the
thresholding is somewhat broken. This plugin, like many database
plugins, has a hit ratio metric. Hit ratio metrics make the most sense
when approcahed from a "warning/critical below X%" (at least in my
mind). So if my hit ratio drops below 75%, I want a warning and if it
goes below 50% I want a critical.

What's the best way to handle this with Nagios::Plugin? Should the
logic be done in the script or should it be done in the module itself?

John E. Vincent