[Nagiosplug-devel] Contributing patches and retaining copyright

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Wed May 6 10:02:35 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

On 5 May 2009, at 22:40, Simon Bennett wrote:

> I've got a couple of patches to the core Nagios plug-ins set that
> I'd like
> to contribute back to the project. They were created for our
> customers but
> some might be generally useful. The FAQ mentioned to post to this
> list if
> you'd like to contribute but want to retain copyright. The copyright
> in this
> case is my company's.

Any contributed code that gets back into the main code from now on is
accepted on the basis that the copyright can be given to the Nagios
Plugin team. I've updated the FAQ entry to be clearer on that policy: http://nagiosplugins.org/copyright

We'd be happy to hear about any changes, but only if you are willing
to relinquish copyright.