[Nagiosplug-devel] Contributing patches and retaining copyright

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 6 16:59:14 CEST 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> I totally agree about getting copyrights for the team for legal issue;
> at the same time can't we leave the original code copyright to its
> original author?
>
> That means the we'd still have full copyright, and the author would
> retain full copyright of the original code, but not for modified
> version
> by the team.

The copyright page specifically mentions dual-copyright --

"There is a task to ensure all code is owned (solely or dual
copyright) to the Nagios Plugins Development Team, to avoid confusion
about ownership in future."

I have no real horse in this race but this seems most interesting to
me...

--
Marc